Saturday 12 July 2014

FIREWORKS

FIREWORKS





I don't like fireworks.

No, I hate them.


Guess what?

Last Saturday I went to a fireworks festival.
It was horrible.


Boom! 
Bang! 
Sizzle!

Colours explode in to dust and fall from the sky like rain.
I feel nervous and my heart starts to beat faster. 
My eyes start to water.
I can't stop.
I cry.
I am confused. 

The colours are beautiful but I am crying.
I want them to stop.
I want to get out.
I'm hungry. 

I want to eat Okonomiyaki!
 
The sky fills with colours. 
It's like daylight.
It's louder than 10,000 motorbikes.
I cover my ears. 
I squeeze my face.
"Stop" I yell to myself.


Suddenly they stop. 
People clap and yell.

I still hate fireworks.
By Lia MC

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! It's sad that you hate fireworks. Looking forward to seeing you guys soon though. Nicola

    ReplyDelete